Saturday, April 10, 2010

Phaleria clerodendron




I have been missing my walks around the Australian Plant Communities at the Brisbane Botanic Gardens. Work is fairly solid at the moment with no time for journeys to the gardens. So I had a look at my images from last year remembering my delight in seeing the Phaleria clerodendron in flower and fruit. One of the volunteer guides explained to me that this plant is not seasonal in a calendar sense. It flowers when there has been lots of rain, so this timing can vary year to year. We had a lot of rain in Brisbane over the last year, making for rather stunning displays. I like plants that shoot flowers directly from branches and the tree trunk, it looks so striking.

1 comment:

  1. What a magnificent sight! I like the lighting in the first one, the second picture blew me away.

    ReplyDelete