Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Diamonds in my eyes installed



I've been in Melbourne, Geelong and Queenscliff the past week, enjoying time with family, friends and attending the opening of my exhibition Diamonds in my eyes at Salt Contemporary Art.
On Friday I was delighted to see all the paintings hanging, Fiona has done a lovely job of arranging the works on the spacious walls at Salt. The opening on Saturday was equally enjoyable and relaxed, with many opportunities to speak with guests about experiences and inspiration behind the works. Hearing peoples responses and thoughts is one of the aspects of openings I enjoy most, an exchange of ideas and conversation that in some way completes the process of making art and hopefully begins an ongoing conversation around ideas in the work.


Special thanks to Fiona for hosting the exhibition and providing a most welcoming atmosphere, Thanks to all my family for making the trip to Queenscliff and joining in the opening it was wonderful to have you there. And to all the guests who popped in or stayed to have a chat, it was lovely to meet you.


Diamonds in my eyes continues to Friday 6th May.

3 comments:

  1. mmmm wonderbaaaaa!

    the show looks lovely nicola - kudos and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Nicola. The installation looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete