Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cut, cut, cut.......cut

When I'm not out in the garden pruning (peach trees, plum and mulberry trees, it's that time of year), I've been in the studio working on a new series of hand cut paper works. Trees are featuring, often with ones I have admired for some time in the local valley paddocks or on trips to Moreton Bay Islands. This one sits alone isolated in what was a farmhouse paddock, I love its form, especially late in the afternoon when driving home it presents a ghostly silhouette against the setting sun. Much of the land around where I live is gradually, or not so gradually, being rezoned. Change is a constant, in some ways I am trying to capture memories of place and change. How do we fit in with our environment or it with us?

These recent paper cut artworks will be on show in a couple of upcoming exhibitions in August and September, more details soon.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like this is going to be wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete