Monday, August 29, 2011

Bark - Rock - Sand...and so much more




I spent a day working outdoors last week with friends, Donna and Helen. As usual the day was a huge refreshment, it's hard to beat the fresh air, serenades of bird call and shared conversation. Weathered by air and water, textures of the coast are both smooth and rough, filled with life and constantly on the move. There is so much to see, but I find a whole day is easily spent working in one small area, observing details of tide lines, the layers of worn tree structure or tangled arches of mangrove roots. My works on site are usually paper based, trying to capture a feel of the place more so than the view.
I'm already looking forward to the next trip.

2 comments:

  1. snap! (to the love of fresh air and bark and rocks and sand and wearing soft cotton hats in the sunshine)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Thanks Ronnie, it just feels so good to be out there, right up there with getting my hands into dirt :-)

    ReplyDelete