Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Peppermint Magazine article


During October I was contacted by Emily Lush, a freelance writer from Brisbane, to say she was planning to write a small article about my art practice for the upcoming issue of Peppermint Magazine. I was very happy to answer some questions and am delighted with Emily's writing, which captures the essence of my practice beautifully. Personally I find it interesting to read or hear how others interpret my work, it's partly that they are removed from the making and can look at it with fresh eyes, something that can be difficult to do with your own work. I also appreciate writing which is skillful, (not really my forte.)

Peppermint is focused on showcasing the best in eco and handmade design from Australia and the rest of the world. Fashion, accessories, natural beauty, art, film, design, social issues, lifestyle and culture.

A big Thank you to Emily and Peppermint.

2 comments:

  1. wonderbah!

    I do hope you'll share more when the mag hits the stands (I'm afraid peppermint isn't available around my parts - and I'd love to read the article) I love to read mag articles about artists and have something of a fascination for pictures of studios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ronnie, will be in touch, Issue 12 is out on the stands now.

    ReplyDelete