Tuesday, October 2, 2012

In the studio - BigCi

I arrived at BigCi ( http://bigci.org/ ) on Friday after a drive through some beautiful Australian landscapes from Hill End to Bilpin. BigCi is where I will be artist in residence for the next few weeks. I'm thrilled with the studio space I'll be working in, with ample space and excellent lighting. Residency host and sculptor, Rae Bolotin has created a great working space situated amongst native bushland.
The first few days here have been full on with several bushwalks and explorations of trails in the neighbouring Wollemi National Park, literally across the road. It's a lot to take in at first, as I gradually familiarize myself with the local flora, fauna, characteristics of environment, stunning geology, etc! More posts on this to follow. For now here's a pic of the studio space.

No comments:

Post a Comment