Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Creative friends


I think there is something special about having creative friends. We can share all the usual good friend qualities with the added bonus of having an understanding and appreciation for each others creative practices. I guess I'm referring to peers. And I can't think of a better way to show this than by having some of their hand crafted work in my home. Last Friday I picked up my custom made, super comfy, Jeanbag from KT. Beautifully wrapped I waited to unfold it with Phil and fill with micro beads before the long anticipated lounge. I love it! When I buy, share, gift, swap a piece with friends it comes with a story, that's what makes all the difference. I know something about the development of the piece, it's inspiration and the work that goes into refining its qualities. There's just so much more to it than a trip to a store and home again. If you would like to read all about the development of Jeanbag, it's on KT's blog here; and this is the Jeanbag page.

In winter this hall catches rays like a sun room, it's the warmest place in the house during that season. I'm looking forward to my studio breaks and book reading here. Thank you KT!

Hanging on the wall behind is a painting called 'Illawarra flame' by Susan Buret. We've known each other for years and have swapped works with one another. I love the colours and pattern in this painting, it's from Susan's 'Stolen Geometry from the Gardens of Love' series. Thank you Susan, still loving it!

And all the other pieces from creative friends....and pieces yet to come :-) Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm crushing on that jeanbag! too cool for school!

    hope you have a wonderful holiday season snuggled into your bag with a good book

    ReplyDelete