Saturday, April 26, 2014

In the flow of making

'Making home (detail)' ©2014, Nicola Moss.

After all the thinking of a couple of weeks ago I thought a little update on progress in the studio would be in order. Although it felt frustrating at the time, trying to refine and collate the ideas in my mind, I have to say it has been time well invested. The last week has been fantastic with making and developing all go-go in the studio. I can see that by working through thoughts and connections, various experiences and serendipitous readings from earlier in the month; I don't just have ideas for one or two works, but rather ideas for a whole body of work. I am a contemplative thinker and I can see that taking this time is of value to my practice.
So while the creative juices are flowing I'm going to get back to it. More updates shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment