Sunday, June 29, 2014

Packing


The time arrived this week when I needed to pack my large hand cut paper installation for transport to Bathurst Regional Art Gallery, for my solo show being installed at the end of July. I realised about a week ago that this task would be best achieved with some assistance, and I'm VERY thankful that Rachael was available. It took the two of us all day...

I haven't packed this work before for interstate travel, so we tested a couple of ideas to ensure the work wouldn't slump and slide around inside the flat packs. And at the same time thinking of others who will need to unpack and repack this work for return at the end of the exhibition. I wait now to hear that it arrived safely and wasn't a nightmare to unpack!

'Making Home - softening the edges' will be on show at Bathurst Regional Art Gallery from 1st August to 28th September, 2014.

Thank you Rachael!

'Making home - softening the edges' ©2013, Nicola Moss. Courtesy of SGAR.

1 comment:

  1. Always happy to help Nicola :) Best wishes for the show!

    ReplyDelete