Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Grafton Garden Club


Last night I had a lovely evening at the Grafton Garden Club monthly meeting. The first thing I noticed when I entered the hall were the flowers. Each one brought from a members garden in a green bottle with roses, clematis, orchids, hibiscus, and natives. Later in the evening everyone present voted on groups of the flowers to select a favourite, with a special prize at the end of the year.
I asked members if any may be interested in volunteering their gardens for me to spend some time in, photographing and observing for some possible artwork, thanks to those who agreed.
Next weekend and through the following week, as part of the Jacaranda Festival, a number of gardens in and around Grafton are open to the public for viewing.
Thank you to Helen, Joy, Yvonne, Noelene, Kim, Rosie, Lyn, Mavis, and all the other members who made me feel welcome and for sharing your stories of Grafton. Looking forward to seeing the gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment