Wednesday, October 8, 2014

In the studio


Responding to the spontaneity of the creative urge is something I have learnt to accommodate, or perhaps I should say harness...to the best of my attempts at least. It just happens - a new thought connects ideas and there it is - a series of work to be developed, or the idea of a colour and a series of works, you get the idea. Green has been in my mind; today I got around to mixing some colour. I was thinking of the State Library in Brisbane green, the one used on the concrete walls; it's a lovely almost retro green, patchy and visceral in its qualities.
So tonight I've been recycling some paper pieces and loosely developing shades of green....there are so many greens.
For the last few weeks I've been working in the studio on a commission piece and next week I head to Grafton for my residency at Grafton Regional Art Gallery. Time to get back to the papers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment