Friday, October 17, 2014

Jacaranda City


On Tuesday with the car packed and a clear sunny sky I headed on my way to Grafton for a residency at the Grafton Regional Gallery. The drive was scenic with cane fields and forest; ending with a crossing of the Clarence River historic bridge, negotiating its bends and then into the tree lined streets of town. This was my first visit to Grafton Regional Gallery, situated in Prentice House, built in 1880 by Alexander Fairweather. Surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a semi-enclosed rear courtyard shaded by tree; it will be a tranquil location for working in.
I unpacked materials in the studio space, a large room with views of the courtyard. Then headed to my accommodation with the usual logistics of unpacking, grocery shopping and a good nights sleep.
Looking forward to exploring the streets tomorrow, soaking up the trees and heritage.



No comments:

Post a Comment