Thursday, May 21, 2015

How to....


There are days in the studio when making art is not the activity being undertaken. Today was one of those days when administrative requirements took priority. I have an show coming up at Hawkesbury Regional Gallery in New South Wales, and I'd like to make sure the installation of my work happens as smoothly as possible. So today was a day for making instructions, a how to guide for installation, with lots of step by step photos, some underlying templates for placement of pieces and general guidelines for pin placement, handling and flexibility when it comes to the inevitable variations associated with work on this scale.
Then I had a test run, with the work being professionally documented tomorrow, I installed it on another wall at home, using the images and templates I'd made. All went well with the work up in under two hours, hopefully the gallery staff will find them as useful.
Next will be the packing for transport, and then back to the making.

1 comment:

  1. I don't envy your admin duties! (or the job of the installers --- gulp!)

    ReplyDelete