Friday, February 17, 2017

Upcoming - Youkobo Art Space Tokyo - Artist in Residence



Over a year ago I applied for an Artist in Residence at Youkobo Art Space, Tokyo and was accepted for the month of March 2017. So now it's getting close to travel time - exciting!


I'm also thrilled to find out my recent RADF grant application to City of Gold Coast Council has been successful with support for residency at Youkobo Art Space Tokyo. With sincere thanks to Arts Queensland and City of Gold Coast for support through the RADF Germinate Program for Professional Development.


During the residency I'll be researching the '10 year project for Green Tokyo'. Tokyo has been increasing its urban tree canopy cover in the lead up to the 2020 Olympics. With greenery in urban areas assuming increasingly important roles - countering heat island effect, safeguarding against urban disasters and improving the liveability and sense of well-being for communities; the metropolis of Tokyo is an ideal location to share in discussion on this local/global issue.
You can read more about my residency plans on the Youkobo Art Space website.


If you would like to follow my travels around Tokyo and in the residence studio, I'll be posting images on my Instagram page.

The Regional Arts Development Fund is a partnership between the Queensland Government and the City of Gold Coast Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.

No comments:

Post a Comment