Sunday, April 23, 2017

Back in the studio....

'Curated ecology - City of Trees' (detail) ©2017 Nicola Moss. Hand cut paper, synthetic polymer paint. Photographed by Carl Warner.


The last few weeks have been full since I returned to my studio on the Gold Coast. After unpacking and then packing away (I'll return to it later in the year) my work from residency at Youkobo Art Space; there were a few deadlines to meet for my upcoming joint exhibition with Susan Harris at Grafton Regional Gallery. First up, cutting of a new mandala artwork 'Curated ecology - City of Trees'; along with photographic documentation of artworks for the exhibition catalogue and a writer to be engaged for writing the catalogue essay.
With this said I'd like to give a big Thank You to Marisa Georgiou who wrote a fantastic essay on very short notice; and another big Thank You to photographer Carl Warner for turning around the high resolution images same day.


It felt like a good time to give my website a thorough update and add new works for the exhibition - check it out here.


I'm looking forward to the opening of 'On a walk...' with Susan Harris at Grafton Regional Gallery on Friday 12th May. If you are in the area, please feel welcome to join us. More details on the show shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment